Artec flat bed scanner

Trouble finding your Scanner drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Artec flat bed scanner

Postby les smith on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:58 am

Computer is unable to locate scanner - Twain driver problem it says - Have disc - Everything seems to operate until I press Scan or OCR buttons after which nothing happens ?
les smith
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Artec flat bed scanner

Postby davey6 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:13 am

if you have installed the driver from the disk that came with the scanner i would tend to think this is a firewall problem.
if the firewall blocked the access port ( usb ) windows can not see the scanner to use it.

go in to add remove programs and remove the scanning program and driver.
restart windows and shut down your firewall,
reinstall the software and test your scanner
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby les smith on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 pm

The program itself was installed originally; everytime the disk is put in, it comes up with "Modify"/"Remove"/"Repair" but after clicking any of these it doesn't do any, it comes up with "finished performing maintenance":

On the menu installed itself if you click "Scan" it states "theres no device detected" then the "TWAIIN" error, I can't actually do what you've advised as the computer itself is not letting me install or uninstall the software from the disk:

And when i attempted to open it via running it came up with this message:

Even though it is connected
les smith
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:11 am

if its blocking you all the way its got to be a firewall problem.
plug the scanner in and switch it on.
now go in to device manager.
look down the list and see if the scanner is listed, if its not the install has been blocked.

shut down your firewall, anti-virus , anti-spyware programs.
then try running the disk again, something is blocking that program from running.

another thing you can try.
some scanners don't like to be plugged in to a usb hub, they need access to a main port.
these are the ones just under the mouse and keyboard inputs, try using one of those.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Scanners & Digital Cameras