[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - sound card/driver?

sound card/driver?

Trouble finding your Sound Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

sound card/driver?

Postby stunique on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 pm

my system which works off windows xp was recently infected big style, the only way i could fix it was to re-install the whole system, since doin so i av no sound and i'm not sure if its the driver or the sound card thats missing.

Please can u help me out and tell me where to get what i need
stunique
Beginner
Beginner

Re: sound card/driver?

Postby TazUk on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:10 am

We need to know some details about your PC, such as make, model and motherboard manufacturer and model number if you know those?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby stunique on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:23 pm

System manufacturer: Medion PC
System model: MS 7060
System type: X86-based PC

please if u need any more information let me know
stunique
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:47 am

if thats a medion pc just turn it round and note down its serial number.
click this link, then click driver updates.
enter your serial number in the box to find any updates for your pc.
http://www.medion.co.uk/
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby stunique on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:55 pm

ive done as u suggested and my computer is still telling me that there is no audio output device on my pc
stunique
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:01 pm

did the medion site not give you a list of downloads ?

once you enter your serial number it should have taken you to the download page for your pc.

there might be another way to find out whats in that pc.

if you pop over to my site and Register you can download everest trial version.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showt ... hp?tid=656

if you load that program up you can try the following.

with the program running look in the left hand list for mutimedia , click the little + next to it.
then click pnp/pci audio
everest may tell you what your sound chip is, if does please post that info back here.

you can also call up your main motherboard number.
to do that please follow this.
again with everest open , click motherboard in the left hand list then click motherboard again.
everest will give you a complete break down of your motherboard.
the important bits we will need to know are.
motherboard make and model number.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby stunique on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:45 pm

PCI / PnP Audio: Realtek ALC655 @ SiS 7012 Audio device
stunique
Beginner
Beginner

Postby stunique on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Motherboard Properties

Motherboard ID 01/18/2005-SiS-661FX-6A7I4M4DC-00
Motherboard Name MSI 661FM2-V (MS-7060)
stunique
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:20 pm

ok that machine is using a msi motherboard with realtek AC97 sound.

all drivers for it can be found here.
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func ... rod_no=158
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby stunique on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:10 pm

this may sound daft to u but i followed that link and theres a load of different options on there, which do i need and how do i install them to work
stunique
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:02 pm

just to cover your main board drivers i would download the system drivers and the audio drivers

they should be already unpacked and once you download them and double click them they should install.

however if your unsure on that there is another way,
you can use the msi Live Update Online.
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloadindex

follow what the screen tells you and it should find and install all your missing drivers.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Sound Card