[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - laptop CY-27

laptop CY-27

Trouble finding your Sound Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

laptop CY-27

Postby billabong on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 am

I have no sound or video driver but cannot see a make on the laptop, only the model no. CY-27. It has intel pentuim 4 and is running Windows XP professional (if that helps)

If anyone can help and tell me which drivers are needed, that would be great.
thanks.
billabong
Beginner
Beginner

Re: laptop CY-27

Postby TazUk on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:43 pm

I believe it's an Elonex laptop although I can't see that model listed on their website.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby billabong on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Thank you, my security won't let me look at the elonex website saying it has a worm. Would you happen to know where I can safely download the sound driver and video driver? thanks again
billabong
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:53 am

see if everest will pull out the information you need.
download everest from this link.
http://www.download.com/Everest-Ultimat ... d=10832752

install it on the laptop you want info from.
run it
with the program open look in the left hand list for display , click the little + next to it then click GPU
should list what video card you have.

again go back to the left hand list and look for mutimedia click the little + next to that then click pnp/pci audio
again if your lucky it will list what sound card you have.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby billabong on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:28 am

Thank you, I shall try this :-) I have found the make of laptop, it's an RM.

the pnp/pci audio said this,
Realtek ALC202(A) @ Intel 82801DBM ICH4-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1] PCI

and the other one I found under 'display then 'GPU'
Integrated: Intel 82852GM/GME/GMV/82855GM(E) GMCH - Integrated Graphics Controller [A-2]

I hope I've got the right pieces of info!
Does this mean I can search for the driver for these now? What is the best and safe site to go to?
billabong
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 pm

ok i can use that info

realtek AC97 sound card
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... Down=false

Intel chipset with built in gfx card so chipset driver to be installed first
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... l&lang=eng

followed by the gfx card
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... l&lang=eng
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby billabong on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi ,
I've tried the links and downloaded them, and said 'run' etc (including re-start), but still no luck, I did notice the second on the list was to be downloaded first, I was using a wireless connection on this particular laptop, but a thought occured to me, if I unplug the ethernet cable, then plug that direct into the laptop, and reset the modem, it may be more successful. What are you thoughts on this (much appreciated!!).
Thank you.
billabong
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:27 am

sorry got a bit bogged down with my own site the last few days , did not log in here.
the chipset drivers should have been installed first as it tells windows how to use the pci devices the correct way.
so if you done it wrong don't panic.
go in to add remove drivers remove the realtek driver.
restart the laptop and reload the main chipset drivers.

before you do anything else after that , update your direct x , these drivers use the lastest version.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

then restart and try the realtek driver once more.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Sound Card