[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - No sound on Toshiba laptop

No sound on Toshiba laptop

Trouble finding your Sound Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

No sound on Toshiba laptop

Postby phoenix42 on Thu May 15, 2008 10:32 pm

phoenix42
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Thu May 15, 2008 10:38 pm

davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby phoenix42 on Fri May 16, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi Davey6 and thanks for your reply.Following your suggestions ,checked in hardware device manager ,no yellow query marks etc,checked ctl panel sounds , enabled ok, .On this laptop pressing Esc+Fn key,turns sound on.off also.that seems to be ok -speaker icon shown on screen ..Found myself reaching for the 'lump hammer' then thought had better pass on the final details i.e Model No, PSA40E-0E4N1 Toshiba SA40-702 . Even checked all driver updates got the,"device working properly and this driver is O.K !! .Again many thanks for your patience
phoenix42
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri May 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Have you checked in the mixer that all levels are set to high?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby davey6 on Sat May 17, 2008 1:50 am

also check one other thing , click start , control panel , sound and audio devices , click audio tab, make sure under default playback device its not blank.

if its blank use the pull down menu next to it and select your sound card click apply and ok
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby phoenix42 on Sat May 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Hello TazUK, and to you again Davey6, Trust its ok to reply to you both at once,since you both are offering help on the same subject,,First of all, yes I made sure the volume controls were indeed at Max ,and not muted in any way. I then checked 'Sound Schemes' ensured that there would be some indication on 'shutdown and start-up'(Windows Default) ..In Sounds etc via Audio Tab, the following is installed: SoundMax Digital Audio. Finally in Sounds and Audio Device Properties (repitition ?) Checked Spkr,Mic,Music, tabs set to MAX.. Will check later TazUK on those sites you passed along ..Many Thanks to you both for persevering with me
phoenix42
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:58 am

everything in windows is saying this is working.
i have a test for you.

plug a set of headphones in the headphone socket, see if you can hear anything.
on older laptops they did not have a auto cut out built in the driver they had a little switch built in the socket i just want to make sure its not stuck in open contact.

you do have a soundmax sound as well as i just found your model at toshiba.
not sure if this link will stay live but this is the driver listed at toshiba for that model.
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tools/Sat ... 013670.zip
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby phoenix42 on Sun May 18, 2008 12:42 pm

G'morning Davey6 , Would never have thought about that little 'test' you suggested ( hence my signing in to 'Useyour brain' ) After reading your reply I immediately rooted out a pair of headphones, found the appropriate socket and set the volume control about halfway, switched on, and wonderful sound of Windows 'chimes'....Great thinking on your part.. Perhaps you will kindly explain what I can do about activating the speakers ,now that you have proved your point,which obviously I greatly appreciate, with many thanks ..Phoenix42
phoenix42
Beginner
Beginner

Postby phoenix42 on Mon May 19, 2008 2:07 pm

Hello again Davey6, Immediately after 'posting ' my last remarks to you I realised that in effect, the answer to my 'speakers'query was not necessary..
and the fact that the volume control on the right hand side of the laptop actually controlled both the headphones and also the internal speakers ..
At the moment ,everything seems back to normal,thanks to you , also appreciate the input from TazUK.. Many thanks indeed for your help , and I hope I do not have to burden you again, at least not too often !!! Thanks again and Best wishes: Phoenix42
phoenix42
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon May 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Glad you got it sorted :D
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby phoenix42 on Tue May 20, 2008 11:25 am

Hello again TazUK, thanks for yor reply etc and of course for the 'site'info.Have put a couple into my Bookmarks ,had a quick look at the Hardware site, looks interesting..As for this old Tosh laptop, I think it's time I had a good look around for a more current one, must check the 'piggy bank '
However ,I do appreciate any help with my problems, not being computer literate, I,m glad I don't have too many of them.. Finally thanks once again for your input Taz , and best wishes to you and yours ..Phoenix42
phoenix42
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Sound Card