[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - HELP!!!!

HELP!!!!

Trouble finding your Sound Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

HELP!!!!

Postby Kev on Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:32 pm

I've just had to re-install Windows XP Pro version after my system crashed.

I've come to try & play music files & it's saying there is "no audio device" & no sound drivers installed, I've tried everything to locate them by searching on the internet - but without success, I know I'm a technophobe!!!

According to my device manager my sound card is a ASUS TV7134 WDM Video Capture (means nothing to me!!!) I think I'm looking in the right place!!

Anyone out there who can possible guide me in the right direction before I throw this system out of the window!!!!

Many thanks,

Kev
Kev
Novice
Novice

Re: HELP!!!!

Postby TazUk on Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:11 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

THANKS SO FAR!!!

Postby Kev on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:37 pm

TazUk,

You are a star but I'm afraid this half wit is going to need some more coaching!!!!

I did what you said & the "Multi Media" field came up & showed the following below -

Audio Adapter - Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1]

So what do I have to do next to get it working???

Thanks again,

Kev[/b]
Kev
Novice
Novice

THERES MORE!!!

Postby Kev on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:50 pm

TazUk,

I've looked further & when you expand the MultiMedia tab there's two sub folders:

1. Entitled "Windows Audio" & when you click on that there's nothing inside that one &

2. Entitled "PCI/PnP Audio" & when you expand on that that's when you get - Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1] Type - PCI

Thanks in anticipation,

Kev.
Kev
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:43 pm

That's a bugger :(

Intel's integrated sound controllers are split into two parts, one is integrated into the chipset, which is the part you've identified and the other is a seperate AC'97 codec chip. It's the second part you need a driver for but this can be one of many different makes/models :roll:

Does Everest tell you the make/model of motherboard in your PC?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Kev on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:54 pm

TazUk,

My motherboard is a "ASUS PTGD-LA"

Hope I've got that one right!!!!

Cheers.
Kev
Novice
Novice

Postby Kev on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:56 pm

Can't even get that right mate there's no hope for me!!!!

It's a - ASUS PTGD1-LA

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kev
Novice
Novice

Postby davey6 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:51 am

from what i have just been reading you have got hold of a oem motherboard from a HP Pavilion there.

is the computer a HP Pavilion if so post back with its model number found on the back sticker of the pc.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby TazUk on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:00 am

This should be the correct driver :)

ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/audio/WDM_R151.exe
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Kev on Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:00 am

TazUk,

Thanks again what you have done to date it is APPRECIATED.

I clicked on the link you sent it went through the download procedure then the computer re-booted itself, but then a Microsoft Windows message came up saying:

"THE SYSTEM HAS RECOVERED FROM A SERIOUS ERROR"

THen it wouldn't do anything else with regards to the driver downloaded/installed.

Dave,

My PC is a HP Pavilion T760.UK according to the sticker on the back.

Thanks both,

Kev
Kev
Novice
Novice

Postby davey6 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:26 am

there you go all the downloads for your pc are listed here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... uct=436536
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

THANK YOU

Postby Kev on Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:01 pm

TazUk/Dave,

BIG THANK YOU to you both for helping me sort this problem out.

But be warned I'll be back if there are any more problems with this cursed PC - so you've been warned!!!!

Thanks again,

Kev
Kev
Novice
Novice

Re: THANK YOU

Postby TazUk on Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:31 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Sound Card