[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - IBM Aptiva 2170 Lost Sound

IBM Aptiva 2170 Lost Sound

Trouble finding your Sound Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

IBM Aptiva 2170 Lost Sound

Postby Maddad1953 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:06 pm

IBM Aptiva Model, Type, and Serial Number

Model: 2170
Model Type: 175
Serial Number: AM793BD

It came with Windows 98 installed. I backed up everything I thought I would need, blew away the Windows and Program Files folders, and installed Windows 98 Second Edition. Aparently, I only think I thought. I lost both my video and sound drivers. After a bit of looking, I located the video driver (A71Z00US), but I still have silent speakers. Since I surf at school, and take the files home, I will not know if the modem drivers I snatched will work or not.

DriverGuide.com was less than useful. I verified my account three (four?) times, and it keeps asking me to verify it again. IBM will fight you like a pit bull to keep you from downloading their drivers, but if you persist, showing a handgun perhaps, you can sometimes get their files.

If someone has a link to the drivers, it would end a silent week for me. Thank you for existing and putting the effort into maintaining this site.
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They all own cats.
Maddad1953
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:44 pm

Apparently it uses the ESS Solo-1 sound controller and Acer happen to have a Windows 9x driver for it on their site :)

http://www.acer.com.hk/english/services ... model=APSE
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby davey6 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:30 pm

sorry tazuk don't mean to butt in.

the solo-1 is the ess 1938 chipset.
the upto date drivers can be found here.
http://www.esstech.com/techsupp/drivers.shtm#pci
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby TazUk on Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:46 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby davey6 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:19 am

davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod