[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Yamaha SW1000XG with Win XP

Yamaha SW1000XG with Win XP

Trouble finding your Sound Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Yamaha SW1000XG with Win XP

Postby jai on Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:30 am

I've just put together a new system running AMD Athlon64 3200+ with Win XP Pro (with service pack 2 included). Everythings OK except for my SW1000Xg soundcard. Everytime I install the XP drivers (from Yamaha's website) the system re-boots on EVERY mouse click. As soon as the cards removed the system is fine again. I'm guessing the inclusion of sp2 is the problem as I would hope that yamaha provided a working driver originally. They no longer support the card so I'm hoping for ANY solution that allows me to use it. Cheers Kev :D
jai
Beginner
Beginner

Postby jai on Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:44 pm

Quick update on this - I've loaded XP using debug mode (yeah, I know what you're thinking :oops: ) & the prob appears to be a conflict issue - error message is MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION with the error code 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x00000000, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F). Means bugger all to me, but I hope someone will be able to help :wink:
jai
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Yamaha SW1000XG with Win XP

Postby TazUk on Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:47 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby jai on Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:28 pm

jai
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:58 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby jai on Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:21 am

jai
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:58 am

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby jai on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:04 am

jai
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:50 am

According to this translated page from Yamaha's website they are still testing that card with XP SP2. Might be worth checking that page once in a while in case they release new drivers ;)

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby jai on Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:38 pm

Cheers Taz, I'll do that. Its either that or flog it on ebay! Still have the original box too! :lol:
jai
Beginner
Beginner

Postby jai on Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:39 pm

Final update on this (for the time being, at least :wink: ).
Got back in touch with Yamaha XGFactory & mentioned that it MAY NOT be the XP causing the problem - although they've no new drivers they're passing all the error code stuff onto their tech-heads. If I hear any solution I'll pass it on.
jai
Beginner
Beginner

Postby jai on Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:47 pm

jai
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Sound Card