[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - in need of video card

in need of video card

Trouble finding your Video Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

in need of video card

Postby Teresa on Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:07 pm

i have a game called mall tycoon2. It will not play it tells me i need 32mb direct x compatiable accelerated video card. I have a sis 540 chip type. What can i do? I have ibm Aptiva computer is there anything i can download so that i can run this game?
Teresa
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:40 pm

Do you know what version of DirectX you've got installed, to find out go to Start, Run and type DXDIAG and click on OK, on the first screen at the bottom it should say DirectX Version.

In the PC's BIOS there should be a setting to control how much memory is allocated to the video card. Remember this is taken from the PC's main memory so if you've only got 64mb and you allocate 32mb to your video card then you'll only have 32mb available for programs etc.

It's also worth checking you've got up to date video drivers, you can download them from http://download.sis.com
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Teresa on Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:42 pm

ok i have direct8.1........but it tells me in the game book that if i have one of these devices. rivatnt2,53 savage,pro savage, or sis chipset that my video card does not meet requirements to run this game. I,m pretty sure i have sis chipset is there anything i can do so that i can play this game on my computer. I have windows xp. I don't know that much about computers so if you could help me out or point me in the direction. Please and thank you
Teresa
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:19 pm

Short of buying a video card, no :?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Teresa on Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:49 pm

darn :x Don't really want to spend the money. What kind do you think i will need and about how much am i looking at.
Teresa
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:05 am

The vary greatly from £20 to £300 8O

As your not playing the latest FPS type games you can get away with a cheaper one, something like th ATI Radeon 9200 should do, price should be around £35.00 :)

It would be worth checking your PC has an AGP slot before buying it though ;) Have a look inside there should be several slots exactly the same, usually white in colour, plus one the same size but positioned slightly offset, this tends to be brown, that is the AGP slot.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Video Card