[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Drivers for nvidia G4Ti4200

Drivers for nvidia G4Ti4200

Trouble finding your Video Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Drivers for nvidia G4Ti4200

Postby mtlbshr on Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:32 am

Just put a new system together and can't play my old games---Q,QII< QIII, Unreal just to name a few. I have: P4 2.4 GHZ WIN 98 OS and lots of hard drive. This thing plays Wolfenstein really great. Would like to try this PC out on the old stuff.

Any help will be appreciated---thank you.
L8R Bill
mtlbshr
Beginner
Beginner

Try Nvidia's site

Postby admin on Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:06 pm

You can download your drivers at

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp :)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

My driver problem

Postby mtlbshr on Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:49 pm

Thank you. I went to Nvidia's site and looked over the menu. Those are the drivers I now have---even checked the archives. What I need are the open gl drivers that will work with my card. Have the drivers even been writen for those applications I want? Will any of the older drivers---like ones for voodoo series or TNT series work? I don't think so,but thinking is what got me into this mess.
Thank you.
L8R Bill
mtlbshr
Beginner
Beginner

Open GL Site

Postby admin on Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:48 am

Try visiting the Open GL site at

http://www.opengl.org/users/downloads/index.html

Try the GLSETUP stuff...

Give that a go and let me know if this sorted it out.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Drivers

Postby mtlbshr on Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:56 pm

Hello again! Went to the Gl setup.com and opengl.org. The set up wizards that they have set up will start the download process and when it gets into what my system has it will not recognize my video card. I tried these sites before asking for help, since it won't recognize my card I think new drivers need to be writen for these newer vid cards. Then again maybe I'm just lost!!!

Thank you
L8R Bill
mtlbshr
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:25 pm

The games you mention use either DirectX or OpenGL, should be selectable in the game, these are API's and require support in the video drivers. The video drivers you have i.e. the latest ones from nVidia, would contain this support so nothing else would be required.

What happens when you try and run those older games?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Drivers

Postby mtlbshr on Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:18 pm

When I start Q there is a black screen and I have to shut down PC because ctrl-alt - delete will not work. On QII the screen is pixelated and distorted and locks up. Even after changeing the settings in game. QIII is the same. From what you say I should be playing---must be me. Will try a friend for advice---he's much brighter than your's trully. Any ideas will be welcome. I will let you know either way.
Thank you,
L8R Bill
mtlbshr
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:00 pm

Do you get the menu at the begining or does it go to the black screen straight away?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Black screen

Postby mtlbshr on Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:17 am

As soon as the game is started.
Thank you
L8R Bill
mtlbshr
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:07 pm

When you say it plays Wolfenstien fine is that the new one or the original Wolfenstien?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Drivers

Postby mtlbshr on Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:45 pm

The new version--Return to Castle Wolf etc. My friend who helped me put this PC together is an "overclocker" and tends to be a bit independant and aloof at times. So I'm left to dig and scratch for info--- which brought me to this site. There is probably an easy solution to my problems, but since it is not my field so to speak I'm muddeling along. Actually I'm a bit tired of the whole thing and may just put the problem down for a while---my frustration level is becoming a distraction.

Thank you
L8R Bill
mtlbshr
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Video Card