[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - video card help

video card help

Trouble finding your Video Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

video card help

Postby Shrooms on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:18 pm

Hello. I know there is a command in the "run" apllication under the start menu to find the system information of my computer but i forgot it. I need to know what kind of video card i have in this old pc. I know it is a gaming card because i can run Half-life 1.6 games/mods through Steam running on the "Software" video driver and i can run on the "D3D" video driver but it looks crappy. I don't have an openGL driver and i am not sure which one to install. I am using WindowsXP ServicePack 2.
(i want to run erturn to castle wolfenstein, a mod for quake3, on this computer)
Shrooms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:20 pm

DXDIAG maybe?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Shrooms on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:06 pm

My Steam system information says :

Driver : Intel(R) 82815 Graphics controller (mictrosoft corportation)
Shrooms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:20 pm

That would be an on-board video controller, not very powerful so I'm surprised you can run any games 8O You'd need to have a look inside your PC to see if there's an AGP or PCI-e slot in it. It there is then there's plenty of cards you can buy to vastly improve your graphics performance :D
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Shrooms on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:01 pm

yea it can run counter strike 1.6 pretty well using the "Software" video option aside from the graphics which doesnt bother me as much as the lag but it doesnt really lag. this isn't my pc, its the pc at my house and my pc which is pretty powerfull and can run counter strike source on full graphics with no problems at all, is at my dads office and i want to play Rtcw at my home :( . is there an openGL driver for this pc card
Shrooms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:10 pm

OpenGL or DirectX drivers won't help as the graphics controller has limited hardware acceleration, the only solution is to plug in another graphics card.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Shrooms on Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:52 am

no no no im saying that i just need an opengl32.dll that i can put it C://WINDOWS/system so that i can run Rtcw(Which can only be run on openGL) so that it is possible to play because atm i dont have one at all.
im fine with the graphice/acceleration.
Shrooms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:05 pm

I understand that, but it's not that simple :roll: And OpenGL driver is written for your specific graphics card, it basically translates the OpenGL instructions into the native instructions your graphics card uses. The graphics controller is designed so that a set of instructions perform a certain function in hardware, which means therefore that hardware feature needs to be present. If it isn't then that function cannot be run. DirectX is different in that it will try to perform a software emulation of the hardware function if it's not present. That explains why enabling Direct3D support in your game makes it look so bad.

It's a bit like asking for a driver to make your 1Ghz CPU run as if it was a 3Ghz one :wink:
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Shrooms on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:05 am

so i can use some crappy oopenGL so that the game will even regognize it and load up :(

lol
Shrooms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:25 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Shrooms on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:19 am

Shrooms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Shrooms on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:53 am

Last edited by Shrooms on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrooms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:51 pm

ok try this.

your running the m/s version of a intel driver.

download the intel 815 gfx driver from this link.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts ... l&lang=eng

please copy and paste the whole link above.
that will replace any missing files in the system open gl or otherwise.

now please note what the site is telling you here.

" The Intel 815 chipset family graphics driver supports all 3D applications in 16-bit color only "

that means it will not support a 32 bit game in full gfx mode.

as taz said this gfx chip is very limited in all ways.

your best bet is a new card it really is your asking just a bit to much of your onbaord gfx chip here.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Shrooms on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:33 pm

k ty :D

Edit-

It did what ever and extracted things like sys files what what not but at the end it asked if i wanted to replace the current driver with the older driver i was currently installing and i hit no :\
Shrooms
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:15 am

oh well that just goes to show your on the last driver for the gfx not much more you can do now apart from up-grading.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Video Card