[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - video card problems

video card problems

Trouble finding your Video Card drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

video card problems

Postby stoofer on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:09 pm

i have recently been having problems with my computer.Every time i play rome total war it crashes after about 20 mins. When i restart i have a error message :stop 0x000000ea thread stuck in device driver .This does not mean alot to me,but our nice friends at microsoft give you 2 options 1/ install the most current driver 2/manually decrease hardware acceleration for your video adapter .The second seemed to be the easier option so i tried it ,however the game would not even start.Then came the fun part trying to find a current driver,my computer has a Radeon x600/x550 and i am really struggling to find a suitable driver can anyone help pleeeeeeeeeeeeease
stoofer
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:22 pm

ATI's Catalyst driver pack covers all their new cards including yours, you can download them from here :)

For Windows XP
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBA ... tionID=640

For Windows 2000
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBA ... ionID=1159
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

RE TAZUK ADVICE

Postby stoofer on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:11 am

FOLLOWED YOUR ADVICE ON HOW TO DOWNLOAD DRIVER.HOWEVER WHEN I TRY TO GO TO WEBSITE I AM GETTING A MESSAGE SAYING YOUR SUPPORT PORTAL SESSION HAS EXPIRED. WHY? CAN YOU HELP PLEASE
stoofer
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:40 pm

the links posted by taz have a time out limit thats why you are getting this error.

click this link.
http://www.ati.com/

then click software and drivers.
choose what windows you are running.

that will take you into the newest drivers for your card plus the Knowledge Base.

one thing to note before you update your video card driver.
the new drivers listed at ati need the very lastest version of direct x installed.
make sure you download that first before you go ahead with a driver update.
direct x can be downloaded free from this link.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Video Card