[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - CD-ROM Driver?

CD-ROM Driver?

Trouble finding your DVD drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

CD-ROM Driver?

Postby Osunny on Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:24 pm

Hey! I have a HP Paviallion 7125 here. I'm supposing it came with Win95 but my friend put 98se on it and then decided to format the hard-drive, for whatever reason. Now, she wants me to put Win98 back on it and the problem is the CD-Rom works fine in DOS but once it tries to boot into Windows the CD-Rom drivers no longer work. I really need help with this! :?
Osunny
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:58 pm

Are you booting from the Win98 CD?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Osunny on Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:24 am

I'm booting from a Windows 98 setup floppy to the Windows 98 cd. It reads the cd until it boots into Windows;(looking for drivers) From that point on I have to unplug the cdrom to finish the setup and of course, it's only half setup. It keeps asking for the D:Windows 98 disk.

I hope this makes sense..... :roll:
Osunny
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:04 am

Not sure why that's happening but the way I would get around it would be to copy the Win98 directory from the CD onto the hard disk and then run the setup from there.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Osunny on Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:39 pm

Will do! And, thanks.
Osunny
Beginner
Beginner

Windows Protection Error

Postby Osunny on Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:20 am

:cry:
Well, I copied the files into a temp file on C: and installed windows that way. Now it won't boot up into windows unless it's the safe mode. I get a Windows Protection Error message.

This isn't going to help the cdrom work in windows either, is it? That's still going to be a problem....

I think I'm making things worse.... :cry:
Osunny
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:45 am

What does it say exactly?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Osunny on Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:26 pm

It says 'Windows Protection Error. You must restart your computer'

And, I did that and it did the same thing.
Osunny
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:05 pm

Sounds like a dodgy driver :?

Do you know what the last thing it installed was?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

The Last Thing Installed...

Postby Osunny on Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:15 pm

The last thing installed was Win98SE. The harddrive has been reformated and Win98SE installed.

:roll:
Osunny
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:59 pm

Yep but during the Windows 98 Installation it usually says found new hardware blah blah, do you know what the last thing it found was or didn't it get that far?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Osunny on Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:19 pm

Nope. It didn't get that far.

So, out of curiousity....I reformatted the harddrive yesterday and put a copy of Win 95 on. After about 5 minutes of really rooting for it, it boot up into Windows. :D We still have cd-rom issues but I just slipped a really old one in and it works fine just slow.

Now, if I upgrade to 98 will it work?

(This is beginning to look like a career choice :roll:
Osunny
Beginner
Beginner

Return to CD-RW & DVD