[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Need a Driver for Sony DDU1612/DDU1621 DVDROM drive

Need a Driver for Sony DDU1612/DDU1621 DVDROM drive

Trouble finding your DVD drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Need a Driver for Sony DDU1612/DDU1621 DVDROM drive

Postby TaintedSoul on Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:50 pm

I run windows XP home edition and i bought the Sony DDU1612 DVD ROM Drive. My bios doesnt recognize the drive (i have tried fiddling with the IDE ribbons, so no-one tell me anything about ide) and i know it is because i do not have any drivers for the drive. it didnt come with any drivers, and i cant find drivers on their site. could anybody help me out by telling me where i can get it?

Help is greatly appreciated as i am building this computer from scratch.
Thank you
TaintedSoul
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:26 am

If the BIOS isn't recognising the drive it has nothing to do with drivers as Windows isn't loaded at that time. Are the master/slave settings correct on each device attached to the cable?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby TaintedSoul on Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:30 pm

the Master/Slave settings are correct. I have a temporary CD Drive in here from my old computer which allowed me to boot up windows. The old drive is Master (D) and the Sony is Slave, but the bios isnt recognizing it.
TaintedSoul
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:59 pm

Some IDE cables are made so that the endmost connector is master and the formost one is slave. This tends to be 80 core cables i.e. ones suitable for ATA 66/100/133. Try setting both drives to Cable Select and see if that helps.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby TaintedSoul on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:55 pm

okay i'll try that. and thanks for letting me know that... i didn't know that lol.
TaintedSoul
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TaintedSoul on Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:43 am

TaintedSoul
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:38 pm

What happens if you just have the Sony on the cable?

Is this drive known to work?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby TaintedSoul on Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:45 pm

TaintedSoul
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:12 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod