[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Philips CDD4851CDR/RW

Philips CDD4851CDR/RW

Trouble finding your DVD drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Philips CDD4851CDR/RW

Postby pete on Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:20 am

CD/RW on the blink - can't find a driver to download to have my system up and running - any recommendations. OS is XP prof.
pete
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:09 am

What CD writing software do you use?

Does the drive shop up in My Computer and/or Device Manager?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby pete on Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:29 am

It doesn't read or write yet the driver says that the driver is working and so is the cd drive. No burning software works either e.g. nero, window media player (when trying to burn Cd's) etc.
pete
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:38 am

I assume it has been working and go haven't changed anything hardware wise recenlty?

Have you tried just having the CD-RW on a cable on it's own, making sure it's set to master.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby NitemareHippyGirl on Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:44 pm

To make a short story long:

:evil: :oops: Good old Phillips! I have the same problem with this drive. I bought an HP Pavillion that was running Win 98se and Easy CD Creator and it was working great. I upgraded to XP Professional and there is no driver for the CD-RW drive. So I contact Phillips and after much running around and emails to other divisions of Phillips I find the people who make the drive. The online tech support guy tells me to start stepping through all the steps I have already gone through to diagnose the problem. He tells me he must go through these steps with me to get resolution so I jump through all the hoops again and low and behold it still doesn't work. His solution is to load the driver from the win98se cd which of course does not contain the correct driver. His final answer is" It should work, that is what my documentation says". How do you like that? He says Phillips is the drive name but they are an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) so they are not responsible for the drive. Funny HP says they sell the machine but it is a phillips drive so they are not responsible. So I said someone there must have been working with the drive and XP surely you have a tech I can contact for a copy but this person answers questions from somewhere other than the development site and confesses that he himself has never even opened a pc before nor has he installed software. He answers calls and gets prompts for problems by key word association.

And all this time I thought I was the only trained monkey on the planet!

Ez-CD Creator is now owned by Roxio. Roxio has a working driver but it will cost you. They want you to buy the latest version of their software to get the driver which burnes me up! Someone I know has the right version of the Roxio software and I will attempt to extract the correct driver later today. If you still don't have the drivers you need email me and I will send you what I get ok?

Right after that I am going to post it on Drivers.com and Ineeddrivers.com and every driver site I can think of to post it coz this is BS!
If the world didn't suck wouldn't we all just fall off?
NitemareHippyGirl
Beginner
Beginner

Driver

Postby NitemareHippyGirl on Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:20 pm

Spoke too soon! I just checked the Windows XP catalog and it looks like it is supported now. There is a MS Windows Update with this driver. I haven't tried it myself yet but here is the link.

http://www.microsoft.com/hwdq/hcl/search.asp

Hope this helps

Emily
If the world didn't suck wouldn't we all just fall off?
NitemareHippyGirl
Beginner
Beginner

Return to CD-RW & DVD