[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - both win98 &xp systemson my pcbut the modem works in xp

both win98 &xp systemson my pcbut the modem works in xp

Trouble finding your Modem drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

both win98 &xp systemson my pcbut the modem works in xp

Postby os441947 on Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:15 pm

My pc with both winxp &win98.my internal modem:creative modem blaster v 90 pci di5655::ess tehnology. modem inf path :mdmess.inf. IN WIN 98 THE MODEM CAN CONNECT TO INTERNET &THE SMALL TWO WINDOWS APPEAR IN THE TASK BAR [GLISTENING RARELY].BUT THE PROBLEM IS NO WEB SITES ARE DOUNLOADED.THIS MATTER DONT HAPPEN IF I USE WIN XP &EVERY THING GOES NORMAL.WHY??? IN THE D .MANAGER OF WIN 98 UNDER [MODEM]I READ[CREATIVE MODEM BLASTER V. 90 PCI DI5655.WHILE IN THE D. MANAGER OF WIN XP .UNDER[MODEM] I READ[BROADXENT DSI V. 90 PCI D13635. iS THERE A DIFFERANCE?
os441947
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:13 pm

Hard to say, there's loads of different brands of modems out there but relatively few actual chipsets so it's quite common for drivers from one modem working Ok on another. With Windows 98 the problem could be with Dial up networking rather than the modem itself, or the TCP/IP stack. Try connecting to the internet then go to a command prompt and type IPCONFIG /ALL. This will tell you what IP address, gateway, DNS servers etc your connected to. Do the same thing under XP and see what that says. The actual IP address will be slightly different but the other numbers should be about the same.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby os441947 on Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:12 pm

In win98,after typing ipconfig/all,igot the responce[ip cnfiguration failed to initialize winsock]. In xp the responce is with normal figures.what this indicates?
os441947
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:01 am

Sounds like TCP/IP is screwed 8O

Try going into Control Panel, Networks, highlight TCP/IP and click on Remove, it will want to reboot the PC, do this then go back into Control Panel, Networks and click on Add, select Protocol and then TCP/IP, reboot again and then try connecting to the internet.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby os441947 on Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:04 pm

done exactly as required but failed to correct the problem.but when i opened sys. properties under d. manager i found two modem devices.One is the proper modem that i bought[creative m. blaster n.9o pci di5655]. The othe r improper[dsi m.device manager].i tried to [remove]the second one [false] but i failed&it returned back on restart of my pc.what should i do??
os441947
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:03 am

Remove both and let Windows re-find it.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby os441947 on Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:22 am

i did, but both returned again.
os441947
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:06 am

Weird 8O
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby os441947 on Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:11 pm

also,i have the problem in my modem.i send it to you inthe modem section.Do you find a conection between them.??
os441947
Novice
Novice

Postby os441947 on Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:38 am

in the above massage the problem in sound card.sorry.
os441947
Novice
Novice

Return to Modem