[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - IE cannot find the intrnet sight try again later

IE cannot find the intrnet sight try again later

Any software related problems should go here.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

IE cannot find the intrnet sight try again later

Postby Mere on Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:05 am

[color=red][/color][size=18][/size]
I have not been able to download any files from the internet for 4 days.
I found a folder on my desktop that said Yahoo update. I clicked this folder, naturally trusting the sender, because I use the DSL features and I work for them. But, when I viewed the result of the update, I discovered that it was a tool bar, very, very, similar in appearance to Yahoo. This is not the case. I have been fraudulently hijacked by another company. Much the same way telephone companies in the USA hijack a persons long distance service from them.

I have tried so many things! talked to tech support at Yahoo, MSN, Microsoft Windows, SBC Yahoo DSL, and finally Gateway Computers. Apparrently, I am the only one they have ever encountered with this problem. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD MY FILES FROM THE INTERNET AGAIN. Please, someone help. One, technician, suggested I change the Hkey, but I know nothing about registery editing (HKEY), and I am affraid of causing more damage to my computer.
May blessings shower you all!
Mere
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:46 am

This sounds like the virus/trojan in question, follow the removal instructions at the bottom of the page.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... e.lop.html

If you don't have an up to date virus checker use Symantecs online one here

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home ... CZRWEJGSSK
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

IE can't download

Postby Mere on Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:34 pm

Mere
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:03 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Quarion Nightbreeze on Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:40 pm

Try this online virus scanner:

also you might wanna try going to Internet Options -> Security -> Click on Internet -> Click Custom Level and see if File Downloads are enabled.
Quarion Nightbreeze
Novice
Novice

IE can not download ...

Postby Mere on Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:57 pm

Thank you, Taz, I did follow the directions and deleted the registry keys that were involved in the attack on my system. Unfortunately, some of my files where damaged before your advice made me aware of the nature of my problem. Some of the files that were damaged are objects in the internet settings location. MicrosoftXML Parser for Java, damaged, c:\WINNT\java\classes\xmldso.cab. : also damaged *.com.ms.xml.dso ect., there are more files that are damaged: my Sametime Meeting ToolkitSt25.osd, which interferes with my streaming download.

But I am able to download music from the internet, just not data. Also, can not listen to internet radio. Perhaps the streaming input from the mp3 software I use does not depend upon windows. I really have no idea. I am an Astrologer not a computer professional. It would seem that I have learned too little too late. lol (laugh out loud).

Again thank you for your help and advice. I wish I had found your sight sooner. Thank you Quarion for you input, also. If you think of anything let me know. I can not use a disc to replace the windows because I do not have them. Will see if I can purchase it on Amazon.com or something.

Bye for now all.
Mere :?
Mere
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:58 am

Try going into Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, selecting Microsoft Internet Explorer and clicking on Remove, hopefully it will then give you an option of Repair. If it does try that and see if it helps.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

IE cannot Download

Postby Mere on Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:40 pm

I did try to add/remove Internet Explorer, it did not give an option to repair it. I am trying to contact Microsoft and get a disc shipped to me with Internet Explorer 6, I will then try to install it manually. I'll let you know what happens.
Mere
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Quarion Nightbreeze on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:51 am

has a download page for free downloads of Internet explorer. However unless you are under warrenty they seldom give out installation disks. Try updating from their Windows Update page on there and see if that works. Also if you get the Internet Service pack 6, it will give you the option to repair Internet Explorer 6 when you try to remove it as TazUk said.
Quarion Nightbreeze
Novice
Novice

IE Cannot Download

Postby Mere on Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:56 am

Amazing Microsoft was able to repair my computer from remoate access. I am very relieved by this. Thank you for all your help! I'll be back again to visit. And probably with another strange problem. That is the penalty for having to deal with the planet Uranus. See you all later.

Mere
Mere
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Software Problems