[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Keep loosing IP address

Keep loosing IP address

Any software related problems should go here.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Keep loosing IP address

Postby pevers1972 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:16 pm

HI, Haven`t been able to log on for a while, computer keeps loosing the ip address and I am resorting to a program I downloaded from the internet on the advice of a friendly computer shop namely - Winsock Fix-. This seems to correct the problem temporarely but then quickly request the IP address again, requiring me to again apply the Winsock Fix. Anyone any suggestions as to how to securely fix this? O/P Windows XP Proff,Service Pack 3,PC Tools Firewall Plus. Dave
pevers1972
Novice
Novice

Re: Keep loosing IP address

Postby TazUk on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:01 am

Hi, we need to know a few more details, what are you connecting to, a router, cable modem, USB modem? How are you connecting to it, wirelessly or via a cable?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby pevers1972 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:37 am

Initially thie first connection is via Virgin cable moden,then I took 2 Connections, 1 to the NTL 108bhp Wireless Router,the 2nd directly to my desk top computer, O. .System Windows XP Proff Service Pack 3,Firewall/Anti-virus PC.Tools Firewall Plus. Disable Windows Firewall Cheers Dave
pevers1972
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Only one device can be connected to the cable modem at a time, so you would normally connect the router to it and then connect the PC to the router.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby pevers1972 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

hI, jUST LOOKED AT CONNECTIONS PROPERLY,ONLY ONE CABLE GOES FROM THE VIRGIN MODEN TO MY NETGEAR WIRELESS, ROUTER THEN 1-GOES TO MY DESKTOP COMPUTER,A SECOND -GOES TO AN ibm DOCKING STATION IN THE SAME LOCATION,THEN I CONNECT WIRELESLY VIA A USB NETGEAR WG111T ADAPTER TO MY IBM LAPTOP,THIS IS WHERE I AM CONTINUALLY LOOSINGM THE IP ADDRESS WHICH I CORRECXT ONE OF TWO WAYS,FIRSTLY USING A PROGRAM CALLED WINSOCK FIX VER 1.2,SECONDLY I DISABLE THE WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION,THE ENABLE WHICH THEN TRIGGERS A SEARCH FOR THE IP ADDRESS WHICH THEN CONNECTS ME,BUT WHY IS THIS HAPPENING,I USE PCTOOLES ANTIVIRUS,WITH FIREWALL,DISABLE WINDOWS FIREWALL, ANY IDEA,??FRUSTRATING WHEN IT IS CONSTANTLY HAPPENING. No replies as yet??
pevers1972
Novice
Novice

Return to Software Problems