[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - USB Ports seem to have stopped working except for printers

USB Ports seem to have stopped working except for printers

Any software related problems should go here.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

USB Ports seem to have stopped working except for printers

Postby wiliamsgj on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:37 pm

My PC has 4 rear USB ports & 2 front ones. Until today one of my front ports was occupied by a Belkin 802.11g Wireless Network adaptor, and two of my rear ports by an Hp and a Lexmark printer. Everything worked OK until this morning. Suddenly I lost my network. It complained about an Unknown Device in the USB port. I tried a memory stick instead - same result. The ports continue to work with the printers, and a digital camera successfully downloaded using the port usually used for the Belkin adaptor. This leads me to believe that the hardware is OK, but that somehow some drivers have been corrupted or lost. I reinstalled the Belkin software to no avail.

My PC runs XP sp2, & just before the problem,it was in Microsoft update. I also downloaded Picasa this morning and that seemed to work OK, but the icons for that have now disappeared.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

It's not a disaster from the network point of view, as I'm running through a Physical LAN, but my wireless networking is dead, and I can't use my memory stick.

Cheers :(
Why a mouse when it spins?
wiliamsgj
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 pm

This is with both the front and rear ports?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Software Problems