[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - please help me about inatallation of winxp pro.urgent please

please help me about inatallation of winxp pro.urgent please

Any software related problems should go here.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

please help me about inatallation of winxp pro.urgent please

Postby mjeckana on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:19 am

i was installing windows xp professional on a new pc and then after the stage of entering product keys it continue fine,on the stage of setup network component,then the machine give me blue screen with massage saying restart and boot to save mode to disable shadowing and i restart then it gaveme the same error.then i tryed to start the installation from the bigining and it didnt allow to run setup disk.machine prompt me to press enter to boot from cd.then after i find anather error saying "' cannot read the disk please press cntrl ,alt and delete to restart"'.when retrying i got the same massage , then i try another cd it says the same.i try another cd for symetec xp image to install the image .the DVD drive is able to run the image disk and proceed with the image,and didnt complete the installation due to lack of some files on the disk.this shows me that the dvddrive is working and now i wounder why it can only read the disk for image and cannot read the operating system disk.what can i do to resolve this problem.please help me you can alsoemail me at z_jackson@wits.ac.za
CRYSTAL WDM AUDIO CODEX DRIVER WITH YELLOW MARK ON IT UNDER THE DEVICE MANAGER
mjeckana
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:11 pm

Check you memory as that's the usual cause of disk errors when installing Windows. Run something like Memtest86+ on it for a few hours.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Software Problems