[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Cant see Pic's (jpg's) on line---Not system administrator?

Cant see Pic's (jpg's) on line---Not system administrator?

Any software related problems should go here.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Cant see Pic's (jpg's) on line---Not system administrator?

Postby Sashi48 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:20 am

Some day I'll know everything---Today's not the day.
Sashi48
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:04 pm

What's your internet connection?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Sashi48 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:07 pm

56K dial up......Netzero.
Sashi48
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Sashi48 on Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:42 am

I ran Lavaly's Everest which recomended that I add more memory. I've not done that yet but I have since updated the chip sets for my graphic controller, downloaded Application Accelerator(intel), updated the motherboard BIOS and Voila~ :o I can now see my pics online even though they're slow. Adding more memory may improve that. Now the only problem left is that somehow, I'm not the system administrator!!! I wonder if I made some kind of choice when I installed the new hard drive and reloaded Windows ME. Is there anything I can do about that now? I'm really not very computer literate but I've been reading online a lot, but I've not seen the administrator problem addressed. Thanks so much for any help you can pass along to me. :D
Sashi48
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:58 pm

What's telling you your not the system administrator?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Sashi48 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:13 am

When I click on "Tools" on the top bar of IE and go to internet options. As soon as I click on Internet options a windows warning pops up . On the top bar of the rectangular box it says "Restrictions". In the body of the box there is a red round cirle with a white x in it. Next to the circle in the box is the statement,
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".
I can get in to adjust my cookines quite well by a go around. I right click on the big E icon and click properties, but it just annoys the buggers :mrgreen: out of me that it assumes I'm not the system administrator. This is a one person computer. Thanks in advance for any solution you may have for this dilemma.
Sashi
Sashi48
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Sashi48 on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:34 pm

Well, I've done quite a bit to this computer and It still crawls along at a snail's pace. I was only successful in getting that particular pic site to finally download but still have problems with most other sites that post pics. I got rid of every single doc. saved file. cookie. and program that I ahve discs for. I've run Lavely's, Abexo reg cleaner, I'ev run every spybot and virus scanner known to man.I added 128 meg of RAM. I udated the chipsets for my graphics controller, downloaded Intel's Application Accelerator, IE is updated, Windows is updated. All driver that could be updated are. I've recently purchased an updated BIOS for the motherboard but haven't run it yet because it's toooo far advanced for me to figure out. I downloaded it and have it on disc.I'll have to get someone over here to do that. Short of a clean install what can I do?
Sashi48
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:16 am

Windows ME is the single worst version of Windows 8O If you can get hold of a copy of Windows 2000 or XP then that should improve things. Sounds like you've done everything short of a full re-install :?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Sashi48 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:16 am

One more silly question. :? I have a copy of windows XP upgrade and a Window's 98 Disc from an older computer that bit the dust. Can I or should I upgrade windows xp right over this ME or should I reformat the hard drive, install Windows 98 and then the xp upgrade? This computer (Dell)came with ME and all the software is proprietary. Or, does it matter?
Thanks so much for the info so far. :mrgreen:
Sashi48
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:11 am

You should just be able to install XP over the top of the current ME installation.

Just to confirm your systems specs before you go ahead, it's a Celeron 700Mhz, 256Mb RAM and 40Gb hard disk?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Recent Updated

Postby Sashi48 on Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:27 am

Sashi48
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:52 am

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Software Problems