need help with USB drivers?

Trouble finding your Motherboard drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

need help with USB drivers?

Postby iggystooge on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi all- & thanks in advance for any help you can offer me, its the first time Ive used this forum so I really apprciate your time.

A long story cut as short & to the point as poss...
Ive experienced a nasty little problem over the past few days where my XP is stuck in a log on/log off loop at the welcome screen & everything Ive done to remedy it has failed so I pulled the offending drive out and put a new C: drive in with a fresh install of XP- Problem solved! But new problems have obviously arised as a result too :(
Pc works of course, no more log on/log off issues but I obviously now dont have all the drivers to make all my hardware etc work, Ive pretty much found all the drivers I need now (sound, graphics etc etc) but none of my 4 onboard USB slots are working- are there some drivers out there for these things that Im missing? Im looking around but cant seem to find anything

I have a Foxconn/Via technologies motherboard model no: KT600-8237
Hope someone out there can make some sense of this for me cos Im totally baffled by it :s

Many thanks for your time...
iggystooge
Beginner
Beginner

Re: need help with USB drivers?

Postby davey6 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:50 am

did you load up the main chipset driver for the via KT600 chipset.
if not you will need to load this set.
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?Pa ... CatID=1070

once they are loaded and you have restarted the pc , use windows update to gain access to any usb2 drivers.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby iggystooge on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Brilliant - Thanks ever so much for your help, I'll get straight onto it and then get back in touch to let you know how it went, youre a star! ;)
iggystooge
Beginner
Beginner

Postby iggystooge on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi again, Sorry to be a pain mate but that didnt do the trick :s

I installed the VIA/Hyperion pro driver package, restarted pc & then browsed windows update site for USB 2.0 in the Drivers section and found WinHEC 2002 Driver Tracks: System Bus - this led me to 2 choices of d/l:

20020624WinHecD6b & 20020624WinHecD6b

i d/l'ed & installed both of them and still no USB port or device recognition on my pc :(?

Please advise..
iggystooge
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:15 am

ok that should have done the job.
does device manager show a error on your usb ports ?

if no usb ports are showing in device manager not even as unknown check your bios setiings and make sure the usb ports are set to enable.

if all else fails download everest from my site ( you will need to Register sorry about that )
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showt ... 24#pid4024

with that program loaded and running please do the following and let us know what everest tells you.

in the lft hand list click motherboard , in the large box click motherboard again.
note down the make and model and version number of your motherboard ( i can not find KT600-8237 listed at foxconn )

everest should be able to give you a full break down of that board.
i need to check to see if it has a stand alone usb chipset as some via boards do.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby iggystooge on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:36 am

ok, so device manager isnt even showing any USB ports, controllers or whatever- known or unknown..
Have checked in the bios and as far as I can make out yes, USB is enabled, as is PnP if that helps.

Which leads me to Everest (btw thnx for the d/l- v helpful utility! ;)) and that gives me only the following info on my board..

Field Value
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 10/27/2004-KT600-8237-6A6LYFKCC-00
Motherboard Name Unknown

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type DEC Alpha EV6
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 167 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 333 MHz
Bandwidth 2666 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 400 MHz
Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type VIA V-Link
Bus Width 8-bit
Real Clock 67 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 267 MHz
Bandwidth 267 MB/s

Is this of any help to you/us?
Cheers for now & thnx for your patience with my inability to solve this on my own!
iggystooge
Beginner
Beginner

Postby iggystooge on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:41 am

oh yeah, and one other thing for now which puzzled me:

in Device manager, under my SCSI & RAID controllers header there is a VIA RAID Controller 3149 with a yellow exclamation error sign over the icon- when I highlight it says the following:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Ive never seen that message before or experienced anything like that on my system in the past
Im presuming this is probably related too?
iggystooge
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:53 am

ok done some digging on the KT600 chipset.
it does not need any extra drivers under windows xp sp1 for usb support, now the only thing i can think of is your running a very early version of windows xp which did have problems with usb support, sp1 sp2 will sort that out.

however and this is just in case sort of thing, this is the usb 2 driver for windows 2k, it will add support for the usb2 under early windows xp
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Moth ... FileID=758

if that fails to get things working you may have a fault in your pc.

strange that device manager does not list the usb ports at all not even with a error, normaly that would mean they are disabled in your bios, or as i say there is a fault somewhere along the line with your motherboard.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby iggystooge on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:35 am

Hmm, strange
Im actually running SP3 and the motherboard should be fine, the issue was never with the motherboard in the first place, it was with my last C: drive.. This new one has a fresh xp install on it.
Ok, I'll go back to drawing board with the original old drive then and see if I can get that operational again and take it from there.
Thanks for all your help though, Its most appreciated
iggystooge
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Motherboard