[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Motherboard

Motherboard

Trouble finding your Motherboard drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Motherboard

Postby weescotty1 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:20 am

Can you help please . I've just had a new motherboard on my PC and now can't get my scanner and camera to work although I've re installed the software. I'm operating on Windows XP. Camera is Canon Ixus 60 and scanner is flatbed Artec E+Pro any help gratefully appreciated
weescotty1
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Motherboard

Postby davey6 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:54 pm

remove the drivers from your computer.

install your main motherboard chipset drivers , and use windows update to bring your windows fully up to date then try again.

when installing a device that needs access to a port you should shut down your firewall and anti-virus software to stop it blocking the port

if your unsure on your mainboard chipset download everest from here.
http://www.download.com/1770-2001_4-0.h ... =downloads

if your unsure on how to use everest please read this i done for my own site.then post back with the make and model number of your motherboard.
http://www.davesdrivers.com/forum/showt ... p?tid=1240
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby weescotty1 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:58 pm

You've lost me on most of this but I did manage to find out about my motherboard . It's an ASROCK K7541GX. What should I do next
weescotty1
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:04 pm

The motherboard should have come with a drivers CD, this needs to be run to update Windows with the correct drivers for your system. Do you have the CD and have you run it?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby davey6 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:30 pm

sorry did not mean to loose you along the way.

the idea is you update your main chipset and use windows update to gain access to the correct usb drivers and your devices should then work.

now i just checked your motherboard its using a sis chipset, so you can go ahead and just use windows update.
now on some sis chipsets they still need the usb2 driver installed even under windows xp.
if you no longer have the disk that came with the motherboard/computer you can download the lot from here.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=K7S41GX&s=n

so to cut this down to size.
use windows update till no more updates can be found,
click the above link, download and install the usb2 driver
windows will tell you if its needed or not.

then shut down your firewall, anti-virus and try loading your problem scanner and cam again.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby weescotty1 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Thanks for all your help.. I've managed to get the camera up and going but no joy with the Scanner. I'm sick of it at the moment. will try again later (or buy a new one)Again thanks for the help.. must be great to be so knowledgeable about PC's
weescotty1
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Motherboard