[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Tape drive Christie TS5800 on LPT

Tape drive Christie TS5800 on LPT

Trouble finding your drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Tape drive Christie TS5800 on LPT

Postby DeepFrown on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:03 am

Hi. Mad as it may be, I am trying to get a tape drive connected to my PC parallel port. I mean, it's sat there doing nothing and my PC parallel port has never had anything to do, being born into the USB age. I am hoping to use it to collect my security cam output. It is a Christie TS5800. Plugged in and lights up. I assume I need some sort of driver? Can I get it to appear as a drive on my PC? Windows XP Home does not seem to notice it's existence. I suspect I have been spoilt by the plug and play age :oops: I've had a good look around the internet for a driver, but with no luck so far. DF.
DeepFrown
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Tape drive Christie TS5800 on LPT

Postby TazUk on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 am

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby DeepFrown on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks TazUK. I was kinda attracted to this forum by the "Trouble finding your drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you." line. Anyone got any pointers please? 8)
DeepFrown
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 am

I did have a look around but didn't find anything :cry:

It should just be a standard SCSI device so you could take it out of the enclosure and mount it internally with a SCSI card.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby DeepFrown on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks for trying to find one, much appreciated 8) . I want to keep the unit as an external so that it can be moved later. I'll keep trying to find the answer.
DeepFrown
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:47 pm

christie tape drives or the comapny that use to make them went bust 5 years ago.
the places i use to know that stocked the drivers are no longer around,
looks like you will have a hard time trying to find a working driver with that device as every link i use to know is now dead.

I will continue to look for you as well but i would not hold high hopes on getting this device working.

now just as tip with these tape drives and the best chance of windows xp finding its own driver would be to set your lpt port to spp in your bios.
windows xp will look at the device that way and if your online at the time it should search windows update for any possible driver if it don't please do this.
connect the device, switch it on so windows see's the device.
now go online.
now go in to device manager, right click on the problem device and select update driver.
wait while windows does it auto search and pray very very hard.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Other Device