[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - usb driver for prolectrix turntable

usb driver for prolectrix turntable

Trouble finding your drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

usb driver for prolectrix turntable

Postby euphoria1963 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:06 pm

euphoria1963
Beginner
Beginner

Re: usb driver for prolectrix turntable

Postby terryf1 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi I am having same problem with locating prolectrix usb turntable did you have any luck. Will advise if I do
Best regards
terryf1
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:31 pm

i just a little digging on these turntables and from what i can find out they sould be plug and play.
if windows has loaded its own driver then your just missing the sound edit program that goes with it.
in most case thats the audacity program
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

what you have to do is go in to control panel, sound and audio devices, audio tab.
under record device select your turntable.
then open the audacity program.

it should now record to that program.

few things i found on the net that may well be worth reading.
http://www.audacityteam.org/wiki/index. ... turntables
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

if this does not work please check device manager with the turntable plugged in ,
see if its listed as unknown device.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby terryf1 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi thanks for info I managed to contact ultimate products distributor phone 0161 9342240 they kindly emailed me the same software but no driver. When I put in the usb plug I get USB Device Not Recognized, so guess its not plug and play. There are no drivers on the disk only AUDACITY. Any ideas? Have checked device manager but not showing and delved on AUDACITY but no luck. I may have to completely reload windows to get it going.
:x
terryf1
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:16 am

if your running windows me and above try doing this.

unplug the turntable from the usb port.
now go online.
no need to open IE just make sure your online, plug the turntable back in but in to a different usb port, so windows see's it as new hardware.
let it do a auto search,
what that will do is search windows cabs files + windows update online at the same time looking for any sort of driver in the microsoft database.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby terryf1 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi Ok now showing ak5371 as recording device also in sounds and devices in control panel is showing up.
However just to really get me going when I put on the record on ak5371 and press record it is now showing in AUDACITY ERROR
error whilst opening device. please check the input device settings and project settings.
Guess its going to be delving, I can actually hear the record playing.
It is great that you are helping out and much appreciated
Terry
terryf1
Beginner
Beginner

Postby terryf1 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi. I have now got everything working even copied to CD. I don't know why but after swapping the turntable AK into variouse USB ports it finally all worked. I had to also set up in Control Panel /sounds and also properties in the AUDACITY software. I think it could have been made easier with clearer instructions from the AK5371 deck people.
Many thanks all your help good luck
Terry
p.s. I will keep my eye on any posts and will be only too glad to help anyone
terryf1
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 am

i would think windows loaded a mass storage driver for that turntable from windows update.
if its plug and play thats what should have happend in the first place, but if you were not online it would not auto search microsoft.

that AUDACITY software can be a little bit of a problem, its only beta freeware so it will have a few bugs here and there.
but here is a tip for you.
if you are using roixo cd creator it has a wave capture built in it.
you can use that to capture your records and then burn them, i have done that myself in the past, but being me i used a full turntable off my old stereo system and pre amp all wired to the back of the pc :geek:
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Other Device