[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - PCI dual port driver

PCI dual port driver

Trouble finding your drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

PCI dual port driver

Postby Greenbdb on Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:12 am

I use a PCI dual (Parallel and Serial) port card to attach an HP deskjet to my Dell 9150 PC with XP home (SP2). I recently had to reinstal the OS due to a nasty piece of malware and lost the driver for this item. Even with the latest chipset installed it failed to locate the PCI slot. I have an ID for this, but so far no search has provided the missing driver.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_01D11028&REV_013&172E68DD&0&D8.

I would much appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks....Greenbdb
Greenbdb
Beginner
Beginner

More on dual port card driver need

Postby Greenbdb on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:34 pm

I discovered that the mfgr. is BOCA and the card ID is probably one of these BB1004, BB1008, BB2106. I also believe that this company has been bought by another outfit (ZOOM). I contact them, but this item is apparently no longer supported. I have inquired of them about the driver availability but received no response.

As an alternative, is there a connection available to receive the parallel output connector from my printer to a USB input the PC?
Thanks....Greenbdb
Greenbdb
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:21 am

there maybe another way to get this card working.
look at the chipset used on the card and goggle its make and model number.
as some companies still make these cards and do the drivers you may be able to a find a driver that works on your card.

startech still do cards like that and support them so this card may have the same chipset as yours ( cross over chipset )
http://www.startech.com/Product/ItemDow ... I2S1P&c=UK

this one has two Serials and one Parallel but the driver may work on your card.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Greenbdb on Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:13 pm

Thanks for the info. I have downloaded and will try the PCI2S1P driver. As for the chipset info, I don't know where to find that data. Can you elaborate about where it may be located on my system?.....
Thanks....Greenbdb
Greenbdb
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 pm

to find the cards chipset you will have to shut the pc down and remove the card from the system.

look on the card for any chips.
note down the makes and numbers then goggle those.

if you get stuck let me know what the chipset is and i will see what i can find for you.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Other Device