[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Need a driver for USB

Need a driver for USB

Trouble finding your drivers? Post a request here and we will locate it for you. Don't forget to give us as much information as possible and to bookmark this page. Check back for your driver or answer to your question.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Need a driver for USB

Postby lisawe on Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:59 pm

I have Windows XP, but have discovered that my USB controller doesn't have a driver. In the information about computer software, I have discovered that I need the following driver:
Manufactured by Silicon Integrated Systems
Model: SiS 7001 PCI to USB

I hope that this is enough information- I am becoming quite desperate!

Thanks,
Lisa
lisawe
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:12 pm

Hi, neighbour ;)

Windows XP should have come with a driver for that USB controller, have you tried doing a Windows Update and is SP1 installed?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

As you say, I am a beginner :))

Postby lisawe on Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:29 pm

I have set up to receive XP updates automatically. When I went to the actual site and did a search, there was only a driver for earlier versions of Windows (I must admit I'm sorry I have XP and wouldn't recommend it!)

Now to really show my ignorance: what is SP1?

Thanks again!

Lisa
lisawe
Beginner
Beginner

Re: As you say, I am a beginner :))

Postby TazUk on Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:02 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

No luck with SP1

Postby lisawe on Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:31 pm

lisawe
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:36 am

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

I hope this is what u want to know...

Postby lisawe on Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:02 pm

lisawe
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:01 pm

To get into the BIOS press the Del key during the first POST screen. On the menu there should be an option called Integrated Peripherals, select that and somewhere in the list should be USB Controller, make sure this is enabled.

When you say you've downloaded SP1 and it hasn't helped you mean you've installed it after this problem started and it didn't fix it?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Thanks for your help

Postby lisawe on Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:47 am

I wasn't able to sort out the problem by myself so I have brought in a professional to help me. Thanks anyway!
lisawe
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:09 am

Ok, glad it's working now :D
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Other Device