Connection Problems

You can use this section to ask questions or look for solutions which are hardware related.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Connection Problems

Postby Quarion Nightbreeze on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:21 pm

This might be a software problem aswell...I'm running a Median computer that seems to have problems connecting to a to the router. Whenever we try to connect it shows that the cable is plugged in and it sends out but nothing comes back. I used to beable to access the routers setup page but now I cant even do that. Also it stopped seeing the 50ft cable that is plugged into it. The cable works fine for I have tried it on another LAN connection. The OS is windows XP Home Edition. The router is a Speedstream 4 port wireless router. All firmware for it has been downloaded and I've tried Speedstream's website and done the basic setup for it but no usefull help so far. It also seems that when I try to connect it directly to the source it won't go anywhere either. The other XP machine in that area has no problem. Any suggestions as to how to fix it or what the problem is? I also tried anyother router and that doesnt seem to work either, also I tried uplinking one router to the other and tried to use it that way but still nothing. Thanks :)
Quarion Nightbreeze
Novice
Novice

Return to Hardware Problems