[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Mouse problem

Mouse problem

You can use this section to ask questions or look for solutions which are hardware related.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Mouse problem

Postby ROGER01 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:40 am

Hoping somebody can help me with this ?
I will try to explain the problem the best way possible.
I have a very strange problem with my mouse!
When I clic on my left mouse button it act like I clic twice or moreon it! If i have a window open and under it i have another
window open, when i clic somewhere in that window it can open a tab in the window under it!
If you are familiar with spider solitaire when i play that game and i want a new set of card if I clic on it once
it gives me 2 or more sets of cards.When i clic on any icon or tab it may open it and close it immediately like
if i clic twice on it. I know It has nothing to do with the mouse itself or the mouse settings,
because i just purchase a new mouse and the previous one was doing the same thing.

I would appreciate any help on this!
Thank you!
ROGER01
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Mouse problem

Postby TazUk on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:01 pm

On which version of Windows?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby ROGER01 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:33 am

Hy,
I have windows XP,
and I am now using a standard whell mouse Labtec , i did something yesterday in the configuration panel ( mouse setting)
I switch the left button fonctions to the right button fonctions and now it works ok , but I am right handed that setting
is for left handed people, if that can be a clue to what is wrong?

Thank you
ROGER01
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:20 am

starnge error, if windows is using the right hand button as normal after a switch i would think hardware problem not software, however you can force windows to reload it driver like this.

go in to device manager, look down the list for mouse, click the little + next to it, highlight the mouse shown and right click, select remove or uninstall,
your mouse will now go dead as windows has removed its driver.
push your power button once, allow windows to shut down.

now restart your pc, as windows starts up it will reload its standard mouse driver, see if that helps.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby ROGER01 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Thank you for your reply,
Unfortunately your advice did not work, also i tried my mouse on another computer at work
and it works perfectely.
Does anyone know if this problem could be related to ( Windows installer )
because the only other problem i have with my computer is that often ( Windows installer ) opens and ask me
to insert CD for programs I already have on my computer, such as Microsoft office
and the only way I can get it to open is to go into Window explorer open it and restore the default setting for it
and the associated programs to work.
My mouse problem started a while back when each time i opened my computer i had a window ( update manager )
that opened constantly and that did not want to go away, asking me to insert a CD that I did not even have .
After contacting DELL service they sent me a disk to reinstall (Roxio) i have no idea what roxio is?
But anyway the update manager window never opened again, but since that time i had this problem with my mouse.
I don't even believe that i needed to reinstall that program and that it was only for some reason or another that
my computer did not recognise that program like it does sometimes with microsoft office.
last resort , should i reinstall window XP , if yes could somebody tell me if there is a difference between the original
Microsoft program and the reinstall program that comes with a new computer.
Thank you again for your help!
ROGER01
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:03 am

if your using a dell pc or laptop you should have got a set of restore disk with the package.
that would mean your using a oem version of windows xp, its still a full version its just tied to your pc thats all

to reinstall windows is simple really but if you have never done it it may prove a little hard.
the restore disk is the best option, you just put in the cdrom drive and start the computer.
the disk should do the rest, the problem will come with your programs as they will need to be installed one at a time after
a clean install of windows.

now i just wonder if your using a old version of windows xp.
have you never used windows update ?
if not please do so, that should install all the service packs and updates to windows xp.
roxio will only give a problem if its was on a pc and then removed as it has a bug in the software.
windows installer is part of windows and its built in such a way that it may need info from time to time.
if you installed say microsoft office then delete the install file it will ask for the disk if you wish to start up a word program.
however it should only ask the once per program, as long as you have the disk it will not ask again.

is your mouse usb or ps2 connection ?
if its usb have you told your bios to load usb mouse support at start up ?
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby ROGER01 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:02 am

thank's you for your reply.
My mouse is a PS/2 port mouse.
My Windows version is microsoft windows XP Home Edition service pack 2 upgraded to pack 3 ?
Updates are schedule automatically, and are up to date.
I have a firewall, virus check, malware check updated every day
also have ad-adware and spybot on the side ( just to check if the programs of my security service
are not missing anything )
Strangely i can open my Microsoft office programs in Window explorer but not in the start menu
and sometimes I can.
My systems restoration does not want to work anymore it does not save a restoration date or restore a date.
By checking in device manager every item is working correctely.
I just can not figure out what is wrong ?

I never reinstall an operation system before, I suppose that i will need to save all my documents and photos to a disk
note all my favorite web site, all my e-mail contacts, reinstall my internet service and more,
it will erase everything right ?
thank You
ROGER01
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:34 pm

yes it will blank the hard drive and install a clean copy of windows xp.

best to save everything you wish to keep.
i tend to shove everything on to a large memory pen these days insteed of a cd as the pens now hold more info.

you may even find that some device drivers will be missing after you reinstall windows, thats not a problem with a dell.
if you look on the back, or side of your dell you should find a service tag number.
if you go to dells website and enter that number in the support pages you will find all the drivers needed to bring it back to full working system.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby ROGER01 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:27 am

Hi,
Dell did actually send me the drivers and utilities disk at the purchase of my computer.
But it's good to know that I can access them if something is missing, I did not know that.
Thank you for the advice.
ROGER01
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:40 am

depending on the age of your dell i would tend to think the drivers on offer from their website might well be more up to date then the ones shipped on the disk with the pc.
dell do have a good support site and do bring out update drivers for their machines.
maybe worth you looking at that.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Hardware Problems