[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - dvd/cd lost

dvd/cd lost

You can use this section to ask questions or look for solutions which are hardware related.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

dvd/cd lost

Postby the fisher on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi, this idiot (me) was trying to 'clean out' some unwanted programs ... He thinks he may have deleted or disabled the driver / programme somehow.
I tried various things - checking this and that ... i can see the dvd/cd in the device manager called 'Slimtype DVDRW SSW-8015S ATA Device' but there's a small yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it and tried updating the driver but just get a message saying the driver is up to date.

When I put in a disc it runs but doesn't load. I made a 'back up' dvd when i first got my machine but obviously I can't run it so i got it copied onto an external hard drive to try and run that way. However when i try to restore from that it can't find the details ...

I'm at a loss as to what to try next

pete

actually, the small yellow triangle is exactly the same as the 'report this' icon in the message board

by the way, my computer is an Advent 7113

more info ..... from the properties box

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

after reading through some of the other posts i also have found that in 'Computer' only the 'C' drive is listed !!
the fisher
Beginner
Beginner

Re: dvd/cd lost

Postby M.A.X on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:35 am

M.A.X
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Hardware Problems