[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - DDR2 Memory???

DDR2 Memory???

You can use this section to ask questions or look for solutions which are hardware related.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

DDR2 Memory???

Postby l3ights on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:40 pm

how do i know what Ram to get for my PC?

i was told to get DDR2 but how do i know which 1?

there is loads out there, i just want my pc to run faster, i want a 1GB

also what happens if want 2GB instead, would my pc handle it?

this is my pc

Link http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/ ... oid=-27735
l3ights
Novice
Novice

Postby davey6 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:32 pm

what you should do l3ights is run everest on the computer you can download it from my site free.

www.davesdrivers.com/everest

download the trail version as thats a new pc and the old home version will get things wrong.

install and run that program.

with it running click motherboard in the left hand list and then motherboard again in the large box.
everest will give you a report on the motherboard.
please post that report back here so i can take a look.

with that report i should be able to tell you the best speed ddr2 to put in the system and what is the max you can put on the board.

now i did notice with that link you posted the computer came with vista are you still using vista ?
if so i will give you a little advice.
vista is a memory hungry pile of poo , it runs best if you have 2 gig memory , will run with 1 gig but will load that about 55% to 60% just to run windows leaving very little for anything else.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby l3ights on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:21 pm

yes i'm still running on vista.

when i run the software it said unknown motherboard, but i followed it and this what it said.

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200) 3800+
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 6100-430, AMD Hammer
System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type Award (04/13/07)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM10)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM11)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM3)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM4)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM5)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM6)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM7)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM8)
Communication Port Bluetooth Serial Port (COM9)

Also can i ask what does it mean by System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]?

is this right???
l3ights
Novice
Novice

Postby l3ights on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:29 pm

l3ights
Novice
Novice

Postby davey6 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:44 pm

well that pages gives you the answers.

fastest ddr2 memory you can use on that system board is DDR2 PC2-6400 ( 800mhz )

so i would go for that speed.

board will take a max of 4 gig.

i would put 2 x 1 gig pc2 6400 in that pc for now
that would keep the dual channel mode going if you use 2 x 1 gig.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

ram

Postby l3ights on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:57 pm

hey, just got my new ram but when i put it in it just beeps one long and one short,
this is the ram i got click on link below, what do i do?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26fvi%3D1
l3ights
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:48 pm

Check the DIMM's are seated correctly, some memory slots can be quite stiff. If they are then the memory is either faulty or not compatible.
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby davey6 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:43 am

also clear your bios cmos so it auto detects the new ram on start up.

you will have to reset the time and date once you do that but it will clear all settings heldf by your bios and set everything back to full auto.
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Hardware Problems