[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - computer rebuild of a patriot pc

computer rebuild of a patriot pc

You can use this section to ask questions or look for solutions which are hardware related.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

computer rebuild of a patriot pc

Postby bobby boy on Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:17 pm

ive just reformatted a patriot desktop pc reinstalled windows 98 but the modem that is a internal modem cannot be reconised by the pc and it will not let me have anymore than 16 colours can anyone help me as i cannot find a page to download the drivers from
:oops:
bobby boy
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:21 am

The 16 colour issue is due to it using the default video driver rather than the one for your spedific video card. Is the video on board as well or is it a seperate card? Do you have a model number or any other info about this PC?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PATRIOT PC

Postby bobby boy on Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:51 pm

THE MODEL IS A PATRIOT PBK450/1 IT HAS AN INBOARD MODEM AND IM USING A COMPAQ V75 14IN MONITOR THE ONLY DISKS THAT I HAVE IS A WINDOWS 98 2ND EDITION AND A V300 SET OF DRIVERS BUT THEY DONT SEEM TO HAVE THE DRIVERS FOR THE MODEM THE SYSTEM[BASE UNIT] WAS BROUGHT SECOND HAND THE VIDEO IS ON BOARD TOO
bobby boy
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:02 am

I've done some research on Patriot and it appears they went bust about two years ago, they also have lots of unhappy customers and a possible class action lawsuit against them 8O

Obviously there is no tech support or website so we'll have to do this the hard way, being just another clone builder they would have bought the motherboard in so it's just a case of identifying it's make/model. If you look on the motherboard does it have any model numbers on it?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PATRIOT PC

Postby bobby boy on Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:19 pm

many thanks for your help well here goes , most of the chipsets are labled pc net , and via graphics embedded on the others, the power supply is pc100, a sticker on the motherboard reads d009f500b8, the modem reads 56k daa.e.v7.0, THE SOUND CHIP THAT IS ALSO BUILT IN IS SOUND PRO HT8738AM/PCI ,ANY DRIVERS THAT YOU CAN HELP WITH WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS THE BASE UNIT LOOKS SET TO BE A GARDEN ORNAMENT BY THE WEEKEND :lol: :lol: :lol: :?:
bobby boy
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:18 pm

It sounds like a PC Chips motherboard, they're driver download page is here :-

http://www.pcchips.com/driver/driver.html

It's a bit of a mess so picking the correct driver wont be easy :roll: The modem driver should be the one labelled PCTEL DAA Module and for video click on VGA Driver Win95/98 and from the next page try M585LR under VGA driver for Win95 / 98.

Good luck :D
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PATRIOT PC

Postby bobby boy on Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:53 pm

THANKS FOR THE INFO THE SITE THAT YOU REDIRECTED ME TO FOR THE DRIVERS KEPT SHOWING A BROKEN LINK UNABLE TO OPEN THIS COMPUTER WAS NOT MENT TO BE NOW IVE GOT THE DRIVER ID I WILL TRY SURFING THE WWW TO FIND A SITE THAT I CAN ACCESS MANY MANY THANK FOR YOUR HELP
BOB
PS WANT TO BYUY A GARDEN ORNORMENT [LOOKS LIKE A PATRIOT PC BASE UNIT] :lol: :x :o
bobby boy
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:06 am

Small suggestion, it's best not to type in Caps as that's thought of as shouting ;)

The link I posted works Ok for me but it's not exactly what you'd call fast :D
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

patriot pc

Postby bobby boy on Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:41 am

many thanks sorry about the caps didnt know
do you by any chance know who makes the modem pc tel daa module
my system wont reconise it and i cannot choose cause i dont know who makes it no other markings than the number v7.0 got the video drivers sorted large spectrum of colours and settings available once again many thanks
bob :P :P :P :P :P :D :P
ps im not giving up even at 3oclock gmt still going strong
bobby boy
Novice
Novice

Re: patriot pc

Postby TazUk on Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:25 pm

TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PATRIOT PC

Postby bobby boy on Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:30 pm

can you tell me where i can get a windows 95 soft boot disk from im going to try another idear and see if that works [the garden orniment is starting to look promising :roll: :lol: :twisted:
bobby boy
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:10 am

Try here ;)

http://www.bootdisk.com/

What's this idea then 8O
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

patriot pc

Postby bobby boy on Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:37 pm

the idea is install win 95 then overwrite 95 2 win 98 then try to sort the computer out from there the system crashed when i tryed to install the drivers for the modem and the system will not boot up in safe mode or normal mode there is a message comes on the screen a general protection fault on the system and i cannot delete the files that i put on the system because i cannot get into the system [this is now getting personel :x :twisted: :twisted: ]
bobby boy
Novice
Novice

Postby TazUk on Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:56 pm

What if you press F8 when it says Starting Windows, this is the DOS type screen i.e. white text on a black background, this should present you with a menu from which you can select Command Prompt. That should allow you to rename/delete/copy files ;)
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PATRIOT PC

Postby bobby boy on Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:08 am

nope tried that already going to try overwriting with windows me2000 if that dosent work im going to have to admit defeat and pay the local pc shop[bandits :( to see if they can do anything with god knows you cant say that i havent tryed everything else that i know
many thank for your patience through out this dilemma this week
many thanks
bob :cry: :cry: :cry:
bobby boy
Novice
Novice

Next

Return to Hardware Problems