motherboard memory not recognised

You can use this section to ask questions or look for solutions which are hardware related.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

memory oroblem

Postby pevers on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:52 pm

I am a bit dubious as to hading over control to e`machines -what will they do, will my machine be totally in their control?Another success, I have managed over the weekend to obtain some more memory,another brand 1-Dimm 256, 1-Dimm128, both identical pins. Now I have succeeded in getting them both to be recognised in the `Belarc Advisor`showing a total of 384_mgb. installed. Looking at the gold pins there is a slight diffeence in the dimensions, one being larger than the other. What is your opinionon this? Is the memory being used? Cheers Dave
pevers
Novice
Novice

Postby davey6 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:28 pm

i think emachines will try and flash your bios by remote this does carry a risk and they should really tell you what that risk is before you allow them access.

what does your bios memory count say ?
just as your bios post it should do a memory test then give you the total in the machine that is a sure way of knowing the machine has seen all the memory.

another way is to see how much memory windows says you have, to check that go into control panel, double click the system icon on the first page it will tell you your cpu what windows version your running and the amount of memory you have, don't forget if you have onboard video the memory amount will look less.

your bios memory count is the best option
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Previous

Return to Hardware Problems