[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Do you UseYourBrain.co.uk? • View topic - Screen flicker problem

Screen flicker problem

You can use this section to ask questions or look for solutions which are hardware related.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

Screen flicker problem

Postby tonypbx on Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:46 pm

I have a sis 6326 8mb AGP graphics card and am having a few problems.

Firstly when I boot my PC, the bios info that is displayed is only shown in a small “window” and the full size screen doesn’t occur until Windows has booted (after my password logon)

2nd (more important problem) is that once the screen is full size, there is a slightly noticeable (but annoying) flicker on the screen. I have checked the settings in the display tab (in advanced) and I have the following settings.

I use Win ME

Adapter/driver settings

Chip type : Sis 6325 rev c5
DAC memory – internal
Memory – 8 mb
Features: Direct draw 1.00
Software version 4.0

Current files sis6326.drv, *vdd, sis6326m.vxd,dd326_32.dl

Refresh rate is set to Adapter default (other option is optimal – this makes no difference to the flicker)

Under the display modes tab the refresh rate has a “bios default” box. The only selectable value in the selection box for this is 50.

Whether the bios default, or the value of 50 is selected there is no difference to the flicker

(I have now downloaded another driver for this card and now have can select from a few refresh rates – the highest being 85 (set by default) – this has made no difference to the flicker)

Tue colour (24 bit) resolution 800*600

My monitor is a relisys te555 and I am running at 24 bit true colour at a resolution of 800*600

My old trident agp graphics card does not have this problem

It sounds to me as though I’m using the wrong driver but how can I find the correct one – I’ve senn a number of different ones for my card and the latest I downloaded changed to the default refresh rate setting to 85.
I initially installed the driver by allowing set up to search for the best one from a disk of drivers. - this resulted in the only selectable refresh rate of 50.

Any help greatly appreciated

Tony Ryan
tonypbx
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:33 pm

Can you describe the flicker.

Are there any settings in the BIOS to do with refresh rates?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

flicker

Postby tonypbx on Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:18 pm

The flicker is not very bad, there are no noticable lines or anything. The screen just has a very faint shimmer particularly noticable on white blocks. It is as though th refresh ate is too low but I'm now getting a refresh rate of 85 reported in my setup.

Do you think that even though my setting is sayinhg 85, the refresh rate might not be that because its still the wrong driver.

How do I find the one correct driver for my board - I found a site with about 20 differnt drivers for differnt variants of my chipset.

Thanks

Tony

p.s If I check bios default in settings it still mkaes no difference. Also #~I cant find anything that would make a differnece in bios.
tonypbx
Beginner
Beginner

Postby TazUk on Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:49 pm

It does sound like a refresh rate problem but it could also be caused by low quality filters on the card itself.

The best place for drivers would be SiS's own site, ( http://www.sis.com ).

Which OS are you using?
TazUk
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Return to Hardware Problems