packard Bell I go 5000 series. Help needed.

You can use this section to ask questions or look for solutions which are hardware related.

Moderators: davey6, TazUk

packard Bell I go 5000 series. Help needed.

Postby jgt on Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:12 am

Hi and good morning,
I have a Packard bell I go 5000 series laptop. Suddenly when I tried to start up a message appeared on the screen " windows did not start up automatically" please try the following options " start windows normally" "start windows in safe mode" then all the variations on safe mode command response or networking. " or last known good configuration." I have tried all these except with networking as frankly I do not know how to. Every time the windows logo comes up as if it is going to load then reverts back after a few minutes to the original screen asking me to try the options. I have tried the rescue disks but they will not load. Maybe the computer has had its day I have had it for 3 years. I am using Windows XP Professional. any suggestions gratefully accepted. I am not very technically minded.Regds jgt.
jgt
Beginner
Beginner

Postby davey6 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:15 pm

have you added any new hardware to this laptop ? memory upgrade e.t.c have a usb boot device connected ?

sometimes windows xp will do this if you switch on a network card in the bios that was not installed when windows was first loaded so please check.

if the network card was on and you switched it off that you you turn it back on or if it was off to start with and you switched it on that you disbabe it again.

hope that make sense to you.

last the correct way to use the recovery disk can be found here.
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/ ... m_Mangusta
davey6
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

reply to Davey 6 re I go 5000

Postby jgt on Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:57 pm

Thanks Davey6 No new hardware put in or anything. I tried the cd recovery as outlined but cd would not boot, I got so frustrated that I went off to the nearest repair shop and told him to give me an estimate. Thanks Davey I will never purchase a Packard Bell again it cost me £1300.00 two to three years ago but has been nothing but trouble luckily my desktop works perfectley. (Fujitsu Siemens) Thanks again. if the repair man comes up with anything I will let you know for your knowledge base.
jgt
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Hardware Problems